Office Location: New York, Chicago or Chapel Hill
THE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a core member of client engagement teams, our Analysts provide critical support to senior executives in understanding client needs, designing and executing deliverables, and supporting new business development. Dynamism, eagerness and the ability to turn insights into inspiration describe our very best Analysts. Through research and attention to detail, you will become our brain trust: rich with knowledge on emerging cultural, economic, political, consumer and technological shifts. Perhaps most importantly, you will have the ability take that vast knowledge and distill it into critical, actionable insights for our clients.
KANTAR FUTURES OVERVIEW
Kantar Futures is a global consultancy with unparalleled expertise in insight and foresight for category leaders. With offices in the UK, US, Central and South America, China and Singapore, we provide consulting as well as research and advisory services to many of the world’s best-known brands. Our value lies in our ability to help clients profit from change. Our goals are simple: to help clients understand the changes taking place around them better, anticipate the opportunities that will arise, and shape a preferred future for their business before the competition.
Our team…is diverse with consultants from a variety of complementary disciplines including strategic qualitative research, analytics and quantitative research, foresight and futures, strategic innovation, design, marketing and branding, business and brand planning, and advertising. Combining these talents helps us deliver unique approaches—and results—for our clients.
Our approach…is future-focused, unique and tailored to clients’ needs. Rather than offering a standard, one-size-fits all approach to insights or innovation, we craft unique solutions for our clients. We pride ourselves on the continual development of new, creative ways to deliver insight, foresight and strategic recommendations to our clients using our multi-layered approaches. Importantly, our approach is grounded in two fundamental principles: first, our work is always future-focused, whether we are looking at planning next year or 10 years out. And second, our work is all about helping our clients profit from change. This is our starting point and we ensure our recommendations are focused on helping our clients grow.
Our knowledge base…is deep. We monitor, track and analyze the attitudes, values, preferences and behaviors of global consumers through our syndicated research assets, continually building our proprietary knowledgebase. We work across a range of industries from financial services, electronics and automotive to food and beverage—even as we develop expertise in core areas such as technology, health & wellness, and sustainability. We are pioneers in the study of generations, and are leaders in understanding the values of multicultural consumers.
Our values framework…is unique and honest. We are Driven by Excellence, give each other and clients 360-Degree Respect. We are Defined by Boldness and Fueled by Passion…while remaining Endlessly Curious and uniformly Fun Fanatics.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We are looking for someone with a strong mix of analytical rigor and creative thinking. Someone who can take research, data, facts, and numbers and bring them to life: our job is to help our clients profit from change.
Aside from being a key—and client facing—contributor on active engagements, Analysts also assist in project management and new business development. This may include contributing to proposals, supporting others in following up on new business leads, as well as supporting the consulting team in developing deeper relationships and new opportunities with our existing clients.
- Work with senior managers in the delivery of client engagements and associated outputs, supporting the team in day-to-day client management, project management and the development of high-quality client deliverables
- Develop and work with the team to establish future-facing insights, implications and recommendations
- Support the team in the generation of new business, including the uncovering and understanding of client needs, proposal development, and new business presentations
- Distill quantitative and qualitative insights and data into strategic implications (e.g., for corporate strategy, category / product strategy, pipeline innovation, marketing communications, brand strategy / positioning, segment profiles, target identification, etc.)
- Contribute to our proprietary knowledge base by identifying emerging marketplace shifts and their application to our clients’ business issues
- Assist in planning, organizing and executing client workshops/meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to think strategically and work in teams to support the development of insights, implications and recommendations for our clients
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills—attention to detail is a must
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a creative approach to story-telling and visual presentation of information
- Ability to develop deep relationships with both colleagues and clients at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytic skills, with an ability to synthesize and translate data (soft and hard) from primary research and other sources into a cohesive and compelling storyline
- Collaborative and possessing a team-first orientation; willing to alternate between teaching and learning roles
- Experience in and tolerance for fast paced environments
- Comfort working in teams and as a self-starter
- BS/BA degree, preferably in the social sciences or related disciplines
- On brand with our values of intelligence, rigor, curiosity, imagination and business impact
- Relishes a challenge and applies resourcefulness and invention to a problem
- Collaborative and collegiate in style, respectful of others, good listener
- Energetic, enthusiastic and confident personality
- Strong, natural curiosity for consumer and marketplace trends and shifts
- Prior experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in a strategic marketing or insights role would be beneficial but not essential
- Kantar Futures always wants to hear from the best and brightest within the industry. So if you’re looking for an intellectually stimulating, hands-on opportunity to further develop your career, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please note that you must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and invite job applications from all qualified and eligible individuals irrespective of race, age, gender, religion, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.