Kantar Futures is a global consultancy with unparalleled expertise in insight and foresight for category leaders. With offices in the U.K., U.S., Central and South America, China and Singapore, we provide consulting as well as research and advisory services to many of the world’s best-known brands. Our value lies in our ability to help clients profit from change. Our goals are simple: to help clients understand the changes taking place around them better, anticipate the opportunities that will arise, and shape a preferred future for their business before the competition.
This internship position is designed to support our Global Insights Group, which manages Kantar Futures’ U.S. and Global subscription services. This team develops tools, reports and thought leadership that help some of the world’s biggest brands and marketers better understand the marketplace and keep pace with the evolving attitudes of consumers. The Chapel Hill internship will mainly, but not exclusively, support the U.S. product.
Ideal candidates are able to think big while still maintaining attention to detail, highly attuned to key trends in the marketplace and what those mean for our clients. We’re looking for highly organized candidates, strong writers, and clear communicators with an eye for design. Candidates do NOT have to be studying marketing, communications, or business – humanities, liberal arts, and fine arts majors are all encouraged to apply.
What you will do…
- Assist in the development of proprietary subscription reports, resources and thought pieces
- Analyze Kantar Futures’ quantitative, subscription-based consumer database in concert with external marketplace insights to identify, interpret and translate consumer trends into insights and marketing implications
- Regularly measure and report on product performance in order to create efficiencies for us and our clients
- Assist in and shadow other core product management responsibilities
What you will have…
- Ability to structure and convey ideas, both verbally and in writing, in a manner that is clear and concise
- Effective time- and project-management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects with great attention to detail.
- The ability to think critically and creatively
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Endless curiosity about human behavior and an ability to understand the consumer
- Currently working towards or already have a BS/BA degree, preferably in business, marketing, statistics, or social sciences
- An interest in marketing, business, marketing research, and consumer behavior
- Ability to work with, interpret, and summarize data into key findings and insights. Experience with manipulating raw data (using tools such as Excel, Stata, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Strong online secondary research skills using key international data resources (Census, Pew Research, World Bank), subscription resources (Euromonitor, Hoovers), as well as search engines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
How to Apply
NOTE: We are now accepting applications for Fall 2017 internships (September- December). We will not begin reviewing applications until June/July, but please apply as soon as you are able.
Kantar Futures always wants to hear from the best and brightest within the industry. If you’re looking for an intellectually stimulating, hands-on opportunity to further develop your career, please submit your cover letter and resume following the required guidelines below:
Subject Line: [LAST NAME, FIRST NAME – OFFICE LOCATION – INTERNSHIP POSITION)
Ex: Doe, Jane – Chapel Hill – Global Insights Group Internship
Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
Proof of eligibility to work in the US will be required. This role is not eligible for OPT or Visa sponsorship.
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Select candidates will be interviewed over the phone or in person.
- Only full-time opportunities available
- Minimum commitment is 12 weeks
- Internship will be paid
We are an equal opportunity employer, and invite job applications from all qualified and eligible individuals irrespective of race, age, gender, religion, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.