Kantar Futures a global strategic planning, insight and innovation consultancy with unparalleled expertise in trends and foresight. With offices in the UK, US, Central and South America, China and Singapore, we provide consulting as well as research and advisory services to many of the world’s best-known brands. Our value lies in our ability to help clients deal with the only certainty in today’s business world—constant change. Our goals are simple: to help clients identify opportunities, proactively deal with threats and unlock new sources of growth for the future.
Our team…is diverse with consultants from a variety of complementary disciplines including strategic qualitative research, analytics and quantitative research, foresight and futures, strategic innovation, design, marketing and branding, business and brand planning, and advertising. Combining these talents helps us deliver unique approaches—and results—for our clients.
Our approach…is future-focused, unique and tailored to clients’ needs. Rather than offering a standard, one-size-fits all approach to insights or innovation, we craft unique solutions for our clients. We pride ourselves on the continual development of new, creative ways to deliver insight, foresight and strategic recommendations to our clients using our multi-layered approaches. Importantly, our approach is grounded in two fundamental principles: first, our work is always future-focused, whether we are looking at planning next year or 20 years out. And second, our work is all about client growth. This is our starting point and we ensure our recommendations are focused on helping our clients grow.
Our knowledgebase base…is deep. We monitor, track and analyze the attitudes, values, preferences and behaviors of global consumers through our syndicated research projects, continually building our proprietary knowledgebase. We work across a range of industries from financial services, electronics and automotive to food and beverage—even as we develop expertise in core areas such as technology, health & wellness, and sustainability. We are pioneers in the study of generations, and are leaders in understanding the values of multicultural consumers.
Our company culture…is rich and rewarding. We are Driven by Excellence, give each other and clients 360-Degree Respect. We are Defined by Boldness and Fueled by Passion … while remaining Endlessly Curious and uniformly Fun Fanatics.
The Intern – Data Analytics and Product Development is part of our Insights Integration Consulting Group. This team engages clients in understanding their customers and markets through integrated consumer research, database analysis and consulting techniques. Our clients include many Fortune 500 companies in industries ranging from healthcare to utilities, travel and leisure to financial services. The Data Analytics and Product Development Intern will be responsible for managing analyses that feed custom projects and shaping the insights ultimately shared with the client. Focus will not only be on mathematical analysis of data, but also strategic interpretation of results and development of high-impact visualizations. In addition, this position will support the VP of Advanced Data Analytics through various data-focused projects that drive development of our emerging consulting tools/data capabilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage analytics projects that integrate our proprietary consumer data as well as client marketing database data, geographic data and our research-based insights
- Deliver analysis of Kantar Futures’ quantitative data that translates key data-focused consumer insights into clear business impact and outcomes
- Support senior consultants in the delivery of client project analyses and associated outputs
- Apply direct marketing, digital marketing and broader marketing knowledge to influence Kantar Futures’ consulting approach and client recommendations
- Apply data analytics and visualization techniques that transform data into knowledge into action
- Ensure key project deliverables meet quality standards and timelines
- Coordinate key process steps with key resources and project teams
- Partner effectively with internal teams across Kantar Futures to deliver high-quality data-focused strategic insights
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Endless curiosity about human behavior and an ability to understand the consumer
- A foundation of analytical skills and comfort with different database and data analytics tool (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.)
- Solid writing skills; equally adept at writing clear, concise analysis, and to-the-point emails
- Able to interpret and understand team goals, and connect insights across data sources to help drive team success
- Able to communicate data insights to non-technical audiences
- A client-first approach to service and relationship building and a strong desire to exceed client expectations
- Naturally personable; gets a charge out of meeting new people and learning about them, whether as friends, co-workers, and/or clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Team player
- BS/BA degree; study of business, marketing, social sciences, data analytics, information sciences is a plus. Seniors and rising seniors will also be considered.
- Understanding of marketing concepts with digital/direct marketing knowledge preferred
- Experience and interest in research data, “big data” and database analysis
- Proficiency with data analytics tool (SPSS, SAS etc.) and Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply
Kantar Futures always wants to hear from the best and brightest within the industry. If you’re looking for an intellectually stimulating, hands-on opportunity to further develop your career, please submit your cover letter and resume following the required guidelines below:
Subject Line: [LAST NAME, FIRST NAME – Chapel Hill – Data Analytics Internship]
Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
Proof of eligibility to work in the US will be required.
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Select candidates will be interviewed over the phone or in person.
- Part-time and full-time opportunities available
- Internships are available immediately
- Internship will be paid
We are an equal opportunity employer, and invite job applications from all qualified and eligible individuals irrespective of race, age, gender, religion, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.