Kantar Futures is a global consultancy with unparalleled expertise in insight and foresight for category leaders. With offices in the U.K., U.S., Central and South America and Singapore, we provide consulting as well as research and advisory services to many of the world’s best-known brands. Our value lies in our ability to help clients profit from change. Our goals are simple: to help clients understand the changes taking place around them better, anticipate the opportunities that will arise, and shape a preferred future for their business before the competition.
Within Kantar Futures, the insights team oversees our knowledge base of data, intelligence, and POV’s on important marketplace issues. This is developed into a variety of subscription services and thought-leadership reports, as well as being a valuable resource for the various consulting teams within our company.
As part of its foresights infrastructure, Kantar Futures has developed a network of over 400 Cultural Streetscapers—culturally connected individuals who live and work in the urban landscapes they cover— in more than 50 countries. The Streetscapers provide a regular stream of cultural insights and examples, which is captured and distilled for use in our Global and U.S. Subscription deliverables.
Currently, the Streetscapes team is seeking an intern in our New York office to assist with managing the network and supporting the product team with the network’s strategic goals.
Ideal candidates are insightful, strategic thinkers, highly attuned to the world and the people around them. They have a strong academic background, a willingness to take on responsibility, and a keen interest in business and current affairs. In addition, they have excellent written and verbal communication skills, extensive experience with all Microsoft Office products, and strong internet research abilities. Candidates do NOT have to be studying marketing, communications, or business—humanities, liberal arts, and fine arts majors are all encouraged to apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the management of Streetscapes finances, including invoices and payments to the Streetscapers
- Coordinating multiple projects at a given time; enforcing deadlines and quality control with submissions from the global Streetscapers
- Corresponding with colleagues in global offices; understanding international time zones and internal demands from multiple geographies
- Assisting with the management, maintenance and development of the Streetscaper network, including recruiting new Streetscapers as necessary
- Supporting Project Managers in the delivery of client projects and associated outputs, helping with the day-to-day client management requests and the development of high-quality client deliverables and recommendations to our clients
- Supporting the creation of Global MONITOR subscription content; synthesizing survey data, marketplace scanning and report writing
- Planning and executing development innovations for the forthcoming microsite of Streetscapes Examples
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- International experience through work, family, or travel is strongly preferred
- Endless curiosity about cultures around the world, and desire to connect with individuals of different backgrounds and contexts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor, both in person and through correspondence with global offices
- Resourceful; able to act quickly, decisively, and confidently
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented is essential
- Strong analytic skills, with an ability to synthesize disparate pieces of data (quantitative and qualitative) into a cohesive story line
- Creative, imaginative thinker who engages and inspires both colleagues and clients with innovative ideas
- Currently working towards or already have a BS/BA degree, preferably in business, marketing, or social sciences
- Experience and interest in research and data analysis is preferred
- Previous exposure to consumer marketing research, with an emphasis on gathering and understanding consumer insights is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiar with the use of WordPress
How to Apply
Kantar Futures always wants to hear from the best and brightest within the industry. So if you’re looking for an intellectually stimulating, hands-on opportunity to further develop your career, please send us your resume and a cover letter expressing (1) your expertise, (2) your interests and (3) how your background relates to this position. Feel free to touch on both the challenges and opportunities, as well as what kind of support you would need from our organization in order to be successful. Feel free to send along anything else you think would help us gain a better understanding of you who are. Proof of eligibility to work in the US will be required.
We review applications on a rolling basis.
Internship is paid.
Please send all application materials to:
Shari Levine; Shari.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer, and invite job applications from all qualified and eligible individuals irrespective of race, age, gender, religion, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.