Kantar Futures (previously known as The Futures Company) is a leading foresight consultancy that helps clients ‘profit from change’.
Our value lies in our ability to help clients understand, anticipate and shape their future. We inform and inspire strategy, innovation and communication that will get our clients ahead of competition.
A Kantar company within WPP, Kantar Futures has offices in London, New York, North Carolina, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo and Singapore. Our Singapore office was set up 3 years ago and covers clients and projects across the Asia-Pacific region.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced consultant to join our regional team in Singapore.
This role will involve engaging with clients, managing projects from briefing through to delivery, writing reports and presentations, and presenting findings in a clear and engaging form.
You will be expected to play a support role in new business activity, helping prepare proposals and providing back-up to colleagues within the business. Plus, contribute to the on-going development of the company’s intellectual capital through its knowledge venturing programme.
We need someone with a proven track record of client work and project management, including strong client relationship/account management skills, the ability to work across disciplines, the flexibility to develop new solutions and the creativity to develop fresh approaches to solving problems and helping our clients prepare for the future.
Our team works very collaboratively and we therefore expect outstanding people and communication skills as well as a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
Skills and experience
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the following skills, experience and capabilities:
- At least 5 years of experience in a strategic planning role, a brand or a marketing consultancy, a strategic insight or research based consultancy.
- Ideally most of this experience will have been gained within the Asia-Pacific region, as we require a deep understanding of cultural values and social norms shaping Asian countries and strong interest in exploring how they are evolving.
- Able and willing to engage with clients on a regular basis; strong client and account management skills.
- Effective and efficient project management skills; autonomy and proactivity are a must.
- Proven strategic thinker, able to work with a diverse array of information sources and derive strategic recommendations that will make a positive impact to a client’s business.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and a good eye for detail; ability to tell a story, defend a point of view and draw out strategic implications and recommendations
- Able to present to clients and help facilitate workshops or working sessions with clients
Other personal qualities
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self starting
- Intellectually curious and a keen interest in different international cultures
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to contribute to all aspects of company life
- Collaborative and collegiate in style, respectful of others, good listener
- Maintain high standards of personal and professional integrity
To apply, please send your CV to Stephane Alpern (Managing Director, Asia-Pacific): Stephane.firstname.lastname@example.org