London – EMEA
Kantar Futures is a leading global strategic insight and innovation consultancy with unparalleled global expertise in foresight and futures. We are a mix of innovation consultants, strategic planners and futures experts. And we’re looking for a new member to join the London consulting team.
We are a Kantar company (part of the WPP network), with offices in the UK, US, Central and South America and Singapore, we provide consulting as well as research and advisory services to many of the world’s best-known brands. Our value lies in our ability to help clients deal with the only certainty in today’s business world—constant change. Our goals are simple: to help clients profit from change.
We are a small business with big ambitions, to evolve and innovate our strategic service offerings. Given our size, there’s space for the right individual to make a significant impact and become an integral part of a strong and growing strategic consulting team.
What SKILLS and EXPERIENCE are we looking for?:
- Industry experience: At least 4 years experience in strategic planning, marketing or brand consulting
- Client / Account Management: Experience of managing small accounts independently, ideally with experience of proposal writing / pitching / new biz development
- Project / Budget Management: Strong project management skills and experience of efficiently managing project budgets
- Delivery of strategic outputs: Experience of writing independently with limited senior input. Managing and motivating project teams to deliver high quality work on time and on budget with well-developed strategic implications and clarity about the application of this learning to a client’s business challenge
- Strategic thinking: Proven strategic thinker, able to derive strategic recommendations for clients that will make a positive difference to their business. Able to demonstrate powerful thinking about brands, companies and wider macro issues
- Storytelling: Experience of multi-disciplinary approaches (using a mix of source materials or inputs: qual, cultural content, reports etc.), pulling out strategic implications and recommendations, and finding compelling and visual ways to present a story
- Passion for brands and innovative business models – Able to articulate engaging points of view on brands, innovations and business models
Nice to have (ideally will have some of the following):
- Moderation / Facilitation: Experience of moderating / facilitating qualitative explorations or ideation / innovation workshops
- Creative research approaches: Experience of designing and delivering nimble and creative research approaches
- Digital methodologies: Experience of using digital platforms for working with consumers – innovative ways of conducting mobile research
- Social listening: Knowledge/experience of social media listening / has done analysis of social media inputs
- Futures approaches: Experience of futures thinking or systems thinking approaches
- Cultural Insight / Semiotics / Critical Theory: Some experience of cultural theory / critical theory studies / semiotics or cultural insight
What ATTITUDE and APPROACH are we looking for?:
- Proactive / Self-starter – Able to look for and create opportunities for themselves and for the company – has ideas, takes initiative and drives action
- Inventive / Fluid / Flexible – Open to and motivated by problem-solving to come up with inventive approaches and nimble ways to use available resources
- Good communicator – Strong communication with project teams, junior and senior, including good upward management
- Culturally engaged – A keen interest in popular culture, business and current affairs, in work and life
GET IN TOUCH:
Kantar Futures has a unique learning environment where you will work with and learn from some of the most inspirational and award-winning talent within the business. We offer a dedicated approach to developing our people (demonstrated by our Sunday Times awards), a progressive approach to building client relationships, as well as a ‘license to play’: a fun and social environment where experimentation is strongly encouraged – anything that broadens horizons, builds team spirit and sparks inspiration is highly valued.
This role is based in London (you must have legal right to work in the UK).
This role is available for immediate start.
Your key contact for progressing this appointment is Elisa Birtwistle, Associate Director at Kantar Futures. Email your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at www.thefuturescompany.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and invite job applications from all qualified and eligible individuals irrespective of race, age, gender, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.